Knee pain is a common problem that can be found these days but the non traditional treatment does not give any clear answers. We usually find that after the treatment both physical check up and a knee joint x-ray, no matter what the result is, the doctors often
Prescribes NSAIDs, a pain reliever to most patients.
Actually, the treatment by prescribing only NSAIDs does not help repairing the knee joint, it just relieve the pain. When the medicine loses its effect, the pain gets back.
Moreover, the knee joint which is not rehabilitate will be degenerated over time. This can be said that the patients with a serious degenerated knee problem would have their inner half of the joint deteriorated. This condition may cause a “knock knee” appearance.
Furthermore, when a knock knee appears, the pressure of body weight that pounding on both legs will be different from its previous position. It speeds up a degenerated joint to get worse. At some points when a pain reliever cannot relieve the symptoms, it’s a right time to have a knee replacement surgery.
Worse than that, some of the patients have a problem before their knees get degenerated. I mostly found that before the symptoms develop to a surgical stage, the patients are already have a side effects from the use of NSAIDs, including an irritation of the stomach, dacay of bones, kidney problem from a long term use.
Therefore, in order to treat the problem permanently, I suggest the patients to take care of themselves by a non medical treatment at an early stage of symptoms. There are many tips which are:
1. Weight control. From the survey, body weight is the main reason of osteoarthritis especially in obesity person. This is because the knee bears all the body weight. More weight accelerates the osteoarthritis due to extra pressure on the knees. So, the patients who want to recover from the knee pain or slow down the degenerated knee must lose weight. There are many weight lose techniques such as exercise and food control.
2. Exercise. There are two main objectives of exercise in the knee pain problem patients. First is to lose weight as much as they can, with some exercises such as aerobic exercise which focuses on fat burning. However, a high impact aerobic exercise such as aerobic dancing or running may not suitable for a people with weight bearing because this may lead to more pain on the knees. So, try to choose low impact exercise such as swimming, water walking exercise, water aerobic exercise. Second objective is to strengthen the quadriceps muscles to hold the knee joint firmly for example cycling or ten sets of leg stretching morning and night. This type of exercise will strengthen the muscles and make less pain.
3. Nutrition Control. We can lose weight by many types of nutrition control. From a typical technique which limit an intake calories or simply say “Eat less” or “Fruit detoxification” which eat only fruits all day or a “low carbohydrate diet”. Those techniques are effective which you can choose your favorite.
4. In case of severe knee pain but do not want to use a pain reliever. We can use a natural substances; Glucosamine and chondroitin which can be found naturally in cartilage. Simply take one pill three times a day will help relieve the pain of osteoarthritis of the knee as effective as some pain relievers but fewer side effects.
5. Acupuncture is another option to reduce knee pain. This technique uses a small metal needle inject directly into the surrounding spot of the knee. This can be treated with a light electric shock which is proved to relieve pain as effective as an oral medication.
6. if the knee pain is severe. Lately, a cell therapy science which stem cell is injected to repair the joint, becomes very popular in Europe. The technique can help relieve the degenerative of the joint and also slow down the time to a knee replacement surgery.
Health Tips: Do It Yourself
For those who have a knee pain especially in patients with these symptoms; several time of urinated during the day, get cold easily, dizziness, ring in the ears. Find gingers and cut them into 3-4 pieces and eat every time you urine. It reinforces a fire element within your body. Some research shows that some substances in ginger structure have the same structure with NSAIDs but without side effects since it is natural. Please try for all of you with knee pain.
Thank you for information from www.balavinaturalmedicine.com